Welcome to the Schatzes' blog, where Betsy and Brett will be sharing family updates and news. Blog readers will no doubt be hoping for lots of baby updates -- and pictures!
Brett & Betsy - Congratulations on your very own blog! How cool. We are so incredibly excited for you to be bringing a new life into this world. You are such wonderful friends and a true blessing in our lives. We know you will be absolutely FANTASTIC parents! What a gift this little girl will be to the world. We can't wait to meet her and watch her grow into a beautiful young lady. ;-) -Aunt Lauren & Uncle Ryan McClain
Congratulations Betsy and Brett, I can't wait to see your little girl whenever she arrives (however, I voted on time, so do the best you can, okay!!). I also cannot wait to see how cute you are when I come in November. We love you both and are excited for the Schatz family to grow. Love you both, John and Corrie Guckenberger
I know that everyone is concerned about how I'll adjust to having a baby in the house, so I thought I'd let you know that I'll be just fine. I'm actually looking forward to the baby's arrival. Really, I am.
I figure it'll keep Betsy and Brett really, really busy so that they'll have less time to keep an eye on me -- which means I'll be able to hang out on the dining room table, drink out of glasses left lying around, etc. They just won't have the energy to make sure I'm following the rules.
I've also checked out the baby registries at Babies R Us and Pottery Barn Kids and am especially excited about all the great new toys we'll be getting (I really hope someone buys the baby mobiles!).
Besides, I really like kids. I really love when Elizabeth Brooks comes over and plays with me. I figure that if I can put up with Elizabeth chasing me around and yanking on my tail, a baby should be a piece of cake!
We are so happy for you! We are looking forward to meeting your baby girl in just a few short months!!! It has been such an exciting time to share the progress of our pregnancies together. What a blessing it will be to watch our little ones grow! Love, Mike, Megan and Baby Miller
Dear Betsy & Brett, What fun it is to anticipate this fun delivery with you! Maybe we can take bets to see whose baby will come first? Maybe they'll have the same birthday. Nonetheless, we are very excited for you and your baby girl coming! Can't wait to see blog updates :). Love, Chris, Anne & Cole Frank
This is GREAT! I am so excited to meet my sweet grandaughter. Mommy showed me your picture and I can see that you are adorable!
I voted for you to be born fashionably late. My birthday, Jan 6th, would be good (sorry daddy), but any time that you decide to make your debut would be fine with me.
You have the absolute best mommy and daddy - and a whole raft of people eager to love you, hold you, play with you and enjoy you.
Congratulations on your new blog! This will be a great way for us to keep in touch between visits.
As far as the poll goes, I voted for fashionably late (sorry Bets!). I believe in being fashionably late personally, but not professionally. And while on the subject of fashion, I think the right pair of shoes and/or a great coat can make an outfit.
But not to worry, kiddo, you will be in good hands in the fashion department. Your mom was the only one in our family who didn't go through an ugly awkward stage. (Check out your aunties kindegarten pictures -- just one example.) She's doing a good job keeping your dad looking good too.
In addtion to LOTS of other things, Aunt Marcey & I will be there to help in this department. Shopping in NYC and SF will keep you one step ahead of all those other kids at the playground.
Betsy & Brett - This is the first blog I've actually written a message in. . . and only because it's such an important occasion. I can't wait to check back and see pictures of baby Schatz in just a few months. I wish I could be there this weekend to celebrate with you. I voted "on time" for baby Schatz because I can't imagine Betsy giving birth to anything else. Hope to talk to you soon!
Brett and Betsy- Jacob and I are so excited for you both. We are looking forward to meeting your little girl in a few months and can't wait to watch her grow. You have both been wonderful friends to us for so long now. Your daughter has two great parents. What a lucky girl. By the way... When is she going to learn to play Euchre? Love, Jacob and Amy Samad
Bets & Brett, Like everyone has said, we are so excited for you both and can't wait to welcome your new daughter. It will be such a special day that you will never forget! Oh and I voted for early...for your sake, Bets. It's so hard to wait! We love you! Calley, Matt and the girls
Brett and Betsy, Grandpa Schatz and Grandma Schatz are already looking forward to going to ballet recitals, soccer games and Grandparents Days. We are so very grateful to God for this new life. We can hardly wait to see the new Mom and Dad holding their precious gift from God.
Little one, your mom proved to be a very resourceful and loyal assistant during our time in our 3rd floor Minnich Hall office with gabled windows. Your very existance is a result of what she learned under my leadership. One day, one very far off day, you can join Nomi and Selah in my classes. In the meantime I have to say that I cannot wait to meet you and witness the precious blessing you will be to your parents throughout your life as a family together.
Hi Brett and Betsy! Can't wait to meet your sweet little girl...and I hope she manages to score as good a roommmate in college as her mom did back in the day. I think you shall name her...well...Lilac Bloom Schatz. Much love to you guys!
Betsy & Brett, So happy for the both of you and so anxious to meet this precious little darling in person! It is forever life changing in the best way possible, and this means of communicating all your thoughts and adventures with a new baby is such a wonderful idea beause you will have oodles and oodles to write about. And with you, Bets, being the Lang Arts teacher, and Brett somewhat intelligent as well (ha!), I'm certian this blog will be a fantastic tool to record your most precious moments! I can't wait to stay up late reading all about how you, Brett, and Lilly are handling parenthood. I hope to relive all those early moments through you because as everyone says...it goes by so fast! So happy for you! God Bless!
PS We are rooting for "right on time" so that you can claim Baby Girl Schatz on your 2007 tax form. Plus, the poster I made classified her under 2007 Maddux Babies (not 2008). ;)
We are so excited about the sweet new little life you two are bringing into this world. What joy children bring! This little person is blessed to have the two of you as parents! Can't wait to meet your sweet little girl!
I can't wait to meet my sweet little niece. I think I'll call her sweetpea and punkin'. Or, better yet, dumplin'! (Remember that, Bets?) She's bound to be cute as a button and full of personality. And Sweetpea/Dumplin' is very, very lucky to have two fantastic parents.
I'm thinking about you getting together with all your friends today, and looking forward to your call telling me to buy a plane ticket to Cincinnati. The next time I see you there will be a little baby at your house. You and Brett will be parents. Mom and Dad will be grandparents. Marcey & I will be doting aunties who will tell stories to your daughter about you as a little girl. We'll read to her and ride bikes with her. She'll get surprises in the mail from us. We'll watch and listen and root for her as she becomes her own person. In her own way she'll be a Grigsby Girl too.
qI am excited to have another great-granddaughter. I hope she will be as sweet as her mother was when she was a little tiny thing.I dont't see how Baby Schatz can miss being sweet with the parents that she has, Mommy and Daddy are both wonderful.
21 comments:
Brett & Betsy -
Congratulations on your very own blog! How cool. We are so incredibly excited for you to be bringing a new life into this world. You are such wonderful friends and a true blessing in our lives. We know you will be absolutely FANTASTIC parents! What a gift this little girl will be to the world. We can't wait to meet her and watch her grow into a beautiful young lady. ;-)
-Aunt Lauren & Uncle Ryan McClain
Congratulations Betsy and Brett,
I can't wait to see your little girl whenever she arrives (however, I voted on time, so do the best you can, okay!!). I also cannot wait to see how cute you are when I come in November. We love you both and are excited for the Schatz family to grow.
Love you both,
John and Corrie Guckenberger
hey there schatz family! so excited to see the bundle of joy and see you two as parents! woo-hoo :)
Hooray, you're going to have a daughter. Brett & Betsy, I'm so excited for you two! Can't wait to meet the little one. Lots of love, susan
TO: Everyone
FROM: Lily the Cat
I know that everyone is concerned about how I'll adjust to having a baby in the house, so I thought I'd let you know that I'll be just fine. I'm actually looking forward to the baby's arrival. Really, I am.
I figure it'll keep Betsy and Brett really, really busy so that they'll have less time to keep an eye on me -- which means I'll be able to hang out on the dining room table, drink out of glasses left lying around, etc. They just won't have the energy to make sure I'm following the rules.
I've also checked out the baby registries at Babies R Us and Pottery Barn Kids and am especially excited about all the great new toys we'll be getting (I really hope someone buys the baby mobiles!).
Besides, I really like kids. I really love when Elizabeth Brooks comes over and plays with me. I figure that if I can put up with Elizabeth chasing me around and yanking on my tail, a baby should be a piece of cake!
Brett and Betsy,
We are so happy for you! We are looking forward to meeting your baby girl in just a few short months!!! It has been such an exciting time to share the progress of our pregnancies together. What a blessing it will be to watch our little ones grow!
Love, Mike, Megan and Baby Miller
Dear Betsy & Brett,
What fun it is to anticipate this fun delivery with you! Maybe we can take bets to see whose baby will come first? Maybe they'll have the same birthday. Nonetheless, we are very excited for you and your baby girl coming! Can't wait to see blog updates :).
Love,
Chris, Anne & Cole Frank
This is GREAT! I am so excited to meet my sweet grandaughter. Mommy showed me your picture and I can see that you are adorable!
I voted for you to be born fashionably late. My birthday, Jan 6th, would be good (sorry daddy), but any time that you decide to make your debut would be fine with me.
You have the absolute best mommy and daddy - and a whole raft of people eager to love you, hold you, play with you and enjoy you.
Lots of hugs and love, Granma
Betsy, Brett, Baby & Lily,
Congratulations on your new blog! This will be a great way for us to keep in touch between visits.
As far as the poll goes, I voted for fashionably late (sorry Bets!). I believe in being fashionably late personally, but not professionally. And while on the subject of fashion, I think the right pair of shoes and/or a great coat can make an outfit.
But not to worry, kiddo, you will be in good hands in the fashion department. Your mom was the only one in our family who didn't go through an ugly awkward stage. (Check out your aunties kindegarten pictures -- just one example.) She's doing a good job keeping your dad looking good too.
In addtion to LOTS of other things, Aunt Marcey & I will be there to help in this department. Shopping in NYC and SF will keep you one step ahead of all those other kids at the playground.
- Laura xoxo
P.S. Lily you are one cool cat.
Betsy & Brett -
This is the first blog I've actually written a message in. . . and only because it's such an important occasion. I can't wait to check back and see pictures of baby Schatz in just a few months. I wish I could be there this weekend to celebrate with you. I voted "on time" for baby Schatz because I can't imagine Betsy giving birth to anything else. Hope to talk to you soon!
PS: I don't know why I come up as "ilie nastase" but I'm thinking it has to do with Hayes. This is Kelly Trotter. . .
Brett and Betsy-
Jacob and I are so excited for you both. We are looking forward to meeting your little girl in a few months and can't wait to watch her grow.
You have both been wonderful friends to us for so long now. Your daughter has two great parents. What a lucky girl.
By the way... When is she going to learn to play Euchre?
Love,
Jacob and Amy Samad
Bets & Brett,
Like everyone has said, we are so excited for you both and can't wait to welcome your new daughter. It will be such a special day that you will never forget! Oh and I voted for early...for your sake, Bets. It's so hard to wait!
We love you!
Calley, Matt and the girls
Brett and Betsy,
Grandpa Schatz and Grandma Schatz are already looking forward to going to ballet recitals, soccer games and Grandparents Days. We are so very grateful to God for this new life. We can hardly wait to see the new Mom and Dad holding their precious gift from God.
Little one, your mom proved to be a very resourceful and loyal assistant during our time in our 3rd floor Minnich Hall office with gabled windows. Your very existance is a result of what she learned under my leadership. One day, one very far off day, you can join Nomi and Selah in my classes. In the meantime I have to say that I cannot wait to meet you and witness the precious blessing you will be to your parents throughout your life as a family together.
Much love,
Dr. Love
Hi Brett and Betsy! Can't wait to meet your sweet little girl...and I hope she manages to score as good a roommmate in college as her mom did back in the day. I think you shall name her...well...Lilac Bloom Schatz. Much love to you guys!
Beth
Betsy & Brett,
So happy for the both of you and so anxious to meet this precious little darling in person! It is forever life changing in the best way possible, and this means of communicating all your thoughts and adventures with a new baby is such a wonderful idea beause you will have oodles and oodles to write about. And with you, Bets, being the Lang Arts teacher, and Brett somewhat intelligent as well (ha!), I'm certian this blog will be a fantastic tool to record your most precious moments! I can't wait to stay up late reading all about how you, Brett, and Lilly are handling parenthood. I hope to relive all those early moments through you because as everyone says...it goes by so fast! So happy for you! God Bless!
PS We are rooting for "right on time" so that you can claim Baby Girl Schatz on your 2007 tax form. Plus, the poster I made classified her under 2007 Maddux Babies (not 2008). ;)
Much love,
-Ann, Craig & Ella Cuchra
Brett & Betsy-
We are so excited about the sweet new little life you two are bringing into this world. What joy children bring! This little person is blessed to have the two of you as parents! Can't wait to meet your sweet little girl!
much love,
Mike & Kathleen Fox
I can't wait to meet my sweet little niece. I think I'll call her sweetpea and punkin'. Or, better yet, dumplin'! (Remember that, Bets?) She's bound to be cute as a button and full of personality. And Sweetpea/Dumplin' is very, very lucky to have two fantastic parents.
Betsy,
I'm thinking about you getting together with all your friends today, and looking forward to your call telling me to buy a plane ticket to Cincinnati. The next time I see you there will be a little baby at your house. You and Brett will be parents. Mom and Dad will be grandparents. Marcey & I will be doting aunties who will tell stories to your daughter about you as a little girl. We'll read to her and ride bikes with her. She'll get surprises in the mail from us. We'll watch and listen and root for her as she becomes her own person. In her own way she'll be a Grigsby Girl too.
Love, L.
qI am excited to have another great-granddaughter. I hope she will be as sweet as her mother was when she was a little tiny thing.I dont't see how Baby Schatz can miss being sweet with the parents that she has, Mommy and Daddy are both wonderful.
Lots of love, GG (greatgrandma)
Post a Comment