Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Happy Birthday, (Aunt) Laura!




Today is my sister, Laura's, birthday! In honor of her special day, Corinne chose to wear her "I love San Fransisco" t-shirt and asked to read the book, "Good night, San Fransisco". Of course I couldn't turn her down, so we set up this little photo shoot to prove it! Keep in mind, this was first thing this morning, so Corinne had not combed her hair yet and she also forgot to use a barrette to keep it out of her eyes:) Anyway, by the end Corinne just wanted to eat the camera...hence the last photo.

We want to wish you a very Happy Birthday today, Laura, and let you know that we're thinking of you! You really are one of the strongest people I know, and I am so proud of you for all the positive things you've done, focused on, and made for yourself over the last eight very difficult months. You are smart, generous, beautiful, more than capable, and loving. Here's to a great year, better than any previous. A new beginning for you, and one that will be memorable for all of the great things in store. I pray that today you will be surrounded with blessings all day long. We love you!

Betsy, Brett & Corinne

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Corinne & Betsy & Brett for a wonderful birthday surprise! Aunt Marcey and I will send you pictures from Friday night's birthday party. Wish you could join us. Read that book and when you come visit we can check out all those landmarks in person. It will be fun to show you around.

Thanks for helping me celebrate today.

Kisses,
Aunt Laura

P.S. Corinne looks like Betsy & I in that second picture, don't you think?

Anonymous said...

I did my best to help make Aunt Laura's birthday special by arriving in SF in person (!), and helping Grandpa Don surprise her at dinner (a big success despite Brett's slip, which she thankfully did not even notice ... Brett, you are SO lucky!).

But I am pretty sure that these photos of Corinne in her SF gear were a major highlight of Aunt Laura's day!

Anonymous said...

Phew...I thought my name was going to be thrown out with the trash, by slipping up on Grandpa Don's surprise visit. Apparently when I speak and can't clearly convey what I am thinking, which in this case is lucky for me...kinda makes you wonder why my clients pay me to do what I do.

Laura - best wishes to you and Happy B-Day. May this year be full and fullfilling.

Brett