My oldest sister, Laura, flew in from Califorina for a visit this past week/weekend. It was terrific to see her and even better to just hang out and spend time together. We made it pretty low key, but managed to find entertainment just by watching Corinne! Among the highlights: dinner out-- just the two of us, a Saturday morning trip to Busken Bakery with Brett and Little C, a 3 mile run together, and (of course) LaRosa's pizza for lunch one day. Plus, Laura is an excellent cook and she made an incredible meatloaf for us on Friday night (okay, it was actually made with turkey). She's also known for her homeade guacamole--absolutely delicious!! (We blew through that in no time and now I'm craving more!) Corinne had a good time with Aunt Laura, too. They bonded over books, toys, and peek-a-boo. I'm so thankful for our time together, and though I wish we lived closer I'm so glad that the miles don't matter and it's easy to be together no matter how long it's been or where life has taken us. I'm proud of my sister, Laura, for all that she has accomplished (and all that's yet to come--did I mention she's opening her own business in San Fransisco?!?) and for the wonderful person that she is. I'm not sure I could have come through the last year as strong as she has. I love you, Laura! I can't wait for our '09 Sisters Trip!
Monday, February 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hey guys,
I had a fantastic time with you! You made it a fun and easy and relaxing trip. Corinne is too cute for words, and I think a wonderful reflection of her parents. I love listening to her jibberjabber. Her barrettes, tiny little feet and fingers, hair twirling and walking are so endearing. And I'm so happy she let me read several books to her!! Don't know what else to say, but thank you and I can't wait until next time.
Love,
Aunt Laura xo
Look at all those smiles! Must've been a great time.
I agree with Aunt Laura about Corinne's "jibberjabber" and other adorable qualities.
Corinne you are so lucky to have two "great" aunts that care about you so much. Just want you to know that this Great Aunt keeps up with what you are doing and how much you are growing. Love Aunt Pat
Betsy - what GREAT Pictures!! and Laura - you look wonderful!!!!!!!! I am glad y'all had such a great time together. Living far apart can be hard, but it makes those times together all the more special! ...geri
Post a Comment