Corinne got a new bike over the weekend, graduating from the balance bike that Aunt Laura had gotten her in December. I must say, the reviews of the balance bike were all true: C went right to her regular bike 10 minutes after we got it home --we're talking without training wheels-- no problem! Amazing. She pedals by herself up and down the street and loves it. Her feet barely touch the ground...so stopping on her own is still a work in progress. Which is why we get a work out, too. Impressive nonetheless. All the older kids on our street who still have training wheels are kind of dumbfounded!
Sunday, June 10, 2012
Here She Comes!
Corinne got a new bike over the weekend, graduating from the balance bike that Aunt Laura had gotten her in December. I must say, the reviews of the balance bike were all true: C went right to her regular bike 10 minutes after we got it home --we're talking without training wheels-- no problem! Amazing. She pedals by herself up and down the street and loves it. Her feet barely touch the ground...so stopping on her own is still a work in progress. Which is why we get a work out, too. Impressive nonetheless. All the older kids on our street who still have training wheels are kind of dumbfounded!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Fantastic! Way to go, Corinne!!!
Woo-hoo! Go, Corinne, go! I especially love the purple streamers. Can't wait to see this in person soon.
Great job, Aunt Laura. Next up: Ellen and Sophie! : )
P.S.: I'm pretty sure I was on training wheels when I was Corinne's age. I remember my beloved purple bike . . .
Yaaaaaaay! That is so exciting!! Great job Corinne. xoxo
My memories of summer are mostly about riding bicycles - up & down the street and our neighbors' driveways, to the library, to the Y, to Grandma & Grandpa's house, to Bob's candy store.
Marcey - I remember your purple bike too. You did master it pretty quickly and at a younger age than I did, but I think Corinne has you beat.
She really made Brett run too! What a great dad.
Post a Comment