Unfortunately for all of us, the first nap in the new beds really never materialized. No surprise there. But we were hoping! Not a day goes by where I don't realize how different my experience has been in parenting Ellen and parenting Sophie from parenting Corinne. I think God designs it that way, actually. (But that would be another post) This was E and S when I walked in to get them from their, ahem, nap. And actually the room is not all that disastrous in this photo because Brett had already gone in once prior to remind them it was nap time and to do a little clean up once he saw the state it was in. One interesting thing is that several of the items in the room actually came from Corinne's room...and yet these same items were not in E & S's room when nap time began. So you know what that means. They left their room for better play material at some point during "nap" time. I think it's safe to say that we have just expedited the farewell of naptime for E & S by allowing them their freedom in their big beds. (But wait, it was only in November that Corinne just stopped taking a nap!) We had higher hopes for bedtime last night. But by total coincidence Brett and I had a date planned for several weeks that happened to be for last night--their first night in their new beds. So Mimi got to do the honors. All went just fine according to Mimi. The only hiccup: when I went in to get the girls up this morning they greeted me with pink marker all over their faces. The culprit? A lonely pink marker lying on the dresser with no cap. Rats. Needless to say, today was a very unpleasant day in our house...not enough sleep for E & S almost always equals cranky/tears/tantrums. I'm confident we'll get a rhythm down, but it might take a few days. Meanwhile, so much to be thankful for! Spring is on its way and it was a gorgeous, mild day today. Days are getting longer and we'll be wearing ourselves out from playing outside anyway!
Sunday, March 10, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Betsy - you go girl! I love your attitude! I know it is another big step, but you are just rolling with it. And I LOVE that you just say - it will be a beautiful day so we will just wear them out! Yep, they will sleep eventually! And what great stories you are making that you can re-tell for years to come!! ...geri
What a hoot! Those two are quite the pair! They certainly keep life interesting at the Schatz household.
Blessings to you, Mommy. Glad you are able to keep some perspective on the whole situation.
Wow! Those girls are dancing to the beat of their own drum. So mischievious!! That makes for a great story, but a rough Sunday. I'm wishing you much patience and the ability to be amused by their antics and appreciate their unique personalities. In the scheme of things, pink marker isn't terrible. xo
I am laughing! Those two crack me up with their antics and mischief.
Post a Comment