Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The Grandparent Phenomenon

Why is it that grandparents go by different rules when taking care of and tending to their grandchildren as opposed to when they raised their own? I am encountering this and I have concluded that they must think it is their right. A certain Mimi recently ran an errand for me and in doing so she also bought the girls those crazy grocery store cupcakes, you know the ones. They literally have a mile of icing on top. This drives me crazy. I don't deprive my kids of desserts--if you know me then you know I have a sweet tooth that won't quit. But really, must the grandparents (read: Mimi) choose the most unhealthy and outrageous dessert options for no apparent reason?! Come on. (Note: This post was written in fun...kinda) Ellen in the middle, Sophie on right.

2 comments:

Aunt Marce said...

Hahaha!!

Mimi said...

Oh, dear!!! Do you suppose Mommy and Daddy liked the iced chocolate brownies they had for their special treat as much as the girls liked the cupcakes?