Thursday, March 13, 2014

The Missing Puzzle Piece


Sophie loves for me to re-tell the story of when she snuck off with a puzzle piece...So here it is:
One day about 2 weeks ago Ellen, Sophie and I were working on a Barbie puzzle together (thank you, CT cousins) while Corinne was at school. Ellen and I were hard at work on it when Sophie wandered off. I assumed she was going to get something and would be back, but as Ellen and I finished the puzzle there was still no sign of Sophie. And we put together our entire puzzle but there was one little puzzle piece that was missing! Ellen and I looked under couches, tables, and between cushions but no puzzle piece. We gave up and decided instead to go on a hunt for Sophie--she had never come back! Our hunt led us upstairs to the girls' room where we found her asleep on her bed. Soundly. With the missing puzzle piece tucked into her hand. That stinker. Ellen so sweetly tried to wake Sophie up by poking at her eye...nice!

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Adorable story from beginning to Ellen's sweet interaction with her sister at the end. Sophie told me at the end with a smile and a giggle, "I had the piece of puzzle all the time!"