Tuesday, August 26, 2014
1st Grade
Corinne had her FIRST day of FIRST grade! She got such a good night of sleep the night before that I had to wake her up around 8am so we could be ready for breakfast and get to the bus on time! We met her teacher the night prior at Open House where we moved in her school supplies and and took a look around her new school and new classroom. That payed off and she went to bed full of energy and nervous excitement. I wasn't sure how the 'morning of' would go, especially since I had to wake her, but to my surprise she woke up excited and not nervous at all. She breezed through breakfast and we had fun walking to the bus stop with neighbors. It was an easy goodbye and away she went! A long 8 hours later she arrived home on the bus and was happy but understandably hungry and tired. Corinne shared her favorite parts of the day at dinner as we always do and hers was 'school' and seeing Mrs. Wasson TWO times at school (her kindergarten teacher from last year who is also now at her new school). I got more details about her day as the afternoon and evening went on, with the biggest chunk at bedtime. All in all, her first day was a big success. We are praying it's a wonderful year with lots more great days ahead! Oh, and I had to take a picture of her lunch box. Not only because eating lunch at school is new for her this year, but also because I'm following in my mom's footsteps and adding a little note to C's lunch box each day. Props to Mimi.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Very cool! Sounds like a great year in the making!
By the way, I put a note in lunch only one day a week and not always on the same day. However, it lasted as long as you took lunch, which ended up being all the way through high school.
Yay! I'm so excited for C!! And so thankful for such a great first day. I look forward to hearing more about it from my dumplin. (Can I still call her that or is she too grown up now?)
Post a Comment