Sunday, September 21, 2008

9 Months and Major Milestones

Corinne will not officially be 9 months old until Friday, but I just couldn't wait to share this post!

No, we do not let Corinne watch TV. She does, however, love to play with the remote. What is it about things with buttons? Zippers and tags also seem to pique her curiosity. Oh, and the way the rug in our living room pills up a bit--she is extremely interested in the wool loops that come through the rug. In fact, she tries to eat them. It really is so weird, I think! Corinne also loves to smile at anyone who smiles at her...and even those who don't (like Lilly, our cat). When we sit outside on our patio, Corinne gets excited when people walk past on the nearby sidewalk. You can be sure she is smiling, or squealing to get their attention, or both! She really is such a happy little girl (see photo of extreme happiness in the first picture above) And...I know I say this every month, but I can't believe she is 9 months old! We love you, Little C.

Now for some updates:
Just this past week Corinne has exploded with tons of new skills! She is "cruising" using the coffee table (that's child development language for holding on to something and walking). She has also begun to crawl!! She's not quick at it, and it's not very smooth yet, but we have seen it on a few occasions. In addition, Corinne has figured out how to stand up in her crib (during naps, of course:) We quickly had to lower her bed/mattress and also remove the mobile. (I know, I know, probably should have done both of them a while ago...) And just today Brett and I found two teeth that had literally just broken through her gums. It's amazing to us that we haven't really noticed a change in her demeanor or behavior--still as happy as always while the teeth were making their way! So lots of fun changes at our house recently, and we have enjoyed every one!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Corinne,

You are turning into a big kid all of a sudden! Congratulations.

I went to the brand new Academy of Sciences in Golden Gate Park today. It officially opens on Sept 27th. They have wonderful aquarium & rainforest exhibits. I was thinking about how fun it will be to go there with you when you come to visit. And my friend Kriss is hoping her adopted baby will arrive next year; so we thought it would be fun for you & Olivia to meet. Maybe we can all go together. When are you coming to visit??

Love,
Aunt Laura xo

Anne Frank said...

Wow, Corinne! You are on the move! Way to go! I love reading about all of your milestones so much. Now maybe you can come over and motivate Max to move too!

Anonymous said...

Corinne --

You were very busy this month! So many exciting changes. I can't wait to hear all about your on-the-go adventures.

I love you,
Aunt Marcey

Anonymous said...

Oh, my gosh! What a girl you are, Corinne! No wonder everyone adores you, especially your Grammy.