Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Here Comes Corinne





Little C. has now figured out the big C...crawling! She is officially on the go and quickly perfected her new mode of transportation over the weekend. What fun! The only tricky thing is our hard wood floors--makes for a slippery trek. But one of my favorite things has become seeing Corinne crawling toward me when I return from the kitchen or basement. There she is with a smile, coming to find me (or so I like to think! She could very well be following Lilly, too!) We have also realized (thanks to the power outage a few weeks ago) that the sun room makes a very lively place to play and crawl. Lots of natural light and you can't help but feel that you're sitting outside since two walls are sliding glass doors. The only problem there: slate floors which are not forgiving in an occasional off-balance topple over. But Corinne is fearless and it doesn't seem to hamper her efforts at getting wherever she wants to go.

On a different subject...hair. Corinne's just keeps on growing! I love it, but it's hanging in her eyes more often than not these days. Fortunately I have been able to keep barrettes in her hair to hold it back from her face until just recently. But now she pulls them right out (and eats them--a little scary to me!) I really don't want to give her a haircut. I'm not sure why, it just seems so unnatural to me to cut her hair this young. But I'm definitely open to what our faithful blog readers have to say on the subject. So, any thoughts from out there?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Schatzes! Since the Blanchard family knows a little bit about kids with a lot of hair (am I'm certainly not lacking any..I make up for Clay :-) ), both of our kids have had a ton of hair since birth and we chose to cut Ethan's hair when he was only 5 months old. Since Maddy is a girl, we have let her's grow and own a million hair clips and bows. Yes, she does pull them out after a while, but if a little girl is blessed with a lot of beautiful hair, I say work with it..don't cut it :-) You're beautiful, Corinne!! Jen Blanchard

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Corinne! Can't wait to see you in action.

Bets, how about rubberbands? The girls had a harder time getting those out and always seemed to tolerate them more than other options.

Anonymous said...

Great action shots! And congratulations to our girl on her latest and most impressive milestone yet. Looks like she's already exploring. Time to Corinne-proof the house, for sure!

As for the hair, I have no advice about ways to keep it out of Corinne's eyes that can't be pulled out. My only thought is that trimming one's hair actually encourages it to grow. So if you ultimately decide to snip it here or there, don't feel too bad. She really does have beautiful hair, doesn't she? Like her mommy's.

Anonymous said...

Now let the fun begin! I can report that it is even cuter to watch Corinne on the move in person - defineitely the high point of MY week! All the activity wears a girl out, for sure. Plus, with so much going on who can be concerned about the hair?!?

Good job, Corinne! love, Grammy