Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Toys


I love this shot, and I'm posting it even though it's also over here on our sisters blog. Corinne has this wonderful toy chest that someone made for her and it houses all of her old "baby" toys. However, she has recently rediscovered them and enjoys them in new ways. (It's worth mentioning that she still hasn't played with all the toys she got for Christmas/birthday. They are still in their packages:) But one of the coolest things is watching Little C play in her own way, totally self directed. I usually try to be as quiet as I can just because I enjoy hearing her talk and play on her own without ruining her thoughts or creativity. This photo captures some of these very precious moments. Corinne talking and playing amongst her toys: priceless!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really love this picture and am happy to see it on this blog, too!

I got to watch Corinne play with some of her toys when I visited recently, and was particularly fascinated in watching her interact with Dolly and Teddy Bear. As I described it to Grammy later, Corinne was jabbering with them in a way that made me believe she wasn't just making baby talk noises. Her "talking" sounded purposeful, like she was communicating with them or telling them a story. It was so cute and amazing to see.

I also think it's great that Corinne can play by herself and keep herself engaged in something without needing another person to direct the action and stimulate her. Isn't that the sign of a good imagination?

Anonymous said...

Isn't Corinne the smart, independant little girl these days! I don't blame you for being quiet and listening, I was know to do the same when you were a little girl.

Love, Grammy

Anonymous said...

Speaking of toys....your suggestion for the musical table was passed onto Linnea and she got it for Soren's birthday....he loves it....he dances to the musical sounds and it is a big hit. Thanks!
Jan J.