Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Quotes
With our Christmas decorations already up for display, Corinne has taken a very keen interest in the Nativity set we have on our buffet in the dining room. She knows the names of all the figures (Mary, Joseph, wisemen, shepherd, angel, etc.) and likes to set them up in her own arrangements--especially straight lines all facing the same direction. But Little C. especially loves Baby Jesus, who lies in his manger but can be taken out and moved around. Corinne frequently carries Baby Jesus around the house, takes him to play with her toys, and rocks him in her arms while singing "Rock-a-Bye-Baby". She talks about him when we're upstairs and greets him each morning on her way to breakfast. It's very sweet! But recently Baby Jesus has become a bit of a scapegoat...Let me explain. The other day Corinne had finished her snack of teddy grahams and asked for more. When I told her that she'd had enough, she held up Baby Jesus and said, "Baby Jesus--wants more teddy grahams". What? Where did she come up with that?! I held back my laugh and instead told her that Baby Jesus doesn't like teddy grahams! Ah. Out of the mouths of babes come the funniest things!

Notice the straight line. Perhaps they are following the star? And also noteworthy is that at one point after this picture was taken, I watched her move her cup into line as well. I guess she likes things to be orderly...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I am laughing out loud! And I don't know how you kept it in, Bets. But good come back on Baby Jesus not liking Teddy Grahams. She must have been surprised at that revelation! Hilarious.
That girl has some tricks up her sleeve.
Oh! Corinne and Max would be crime partners I'm sure! I loved reading this post, Bets.
Too funny! That little C. is so clever. I have such a hard time not laughing when Gwyn does stinkery things. Good job on keeping a straight face! ;)
I would have laughed out loud for sure. How did she think of that?!... The orderly thing is an age thing isn't it? Terra had some posts about Bea doing something similar.
P.S.: Betsy, be warned -- Corinne is surely coming up with a retort to the whole "Baby Jesus doesn't like Teddy Grahams." She's going to be ready with a comeback next time!
Post a Comment