Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Card Club



Brett, Corinne and I have formed our own little card club. We mostly play at night after E and S are in bed and, of course, it's all about the princess cards. One night recently we played "Go Fish" but we have also been known to play "Memory" and just this morning I taught Corinne "Old Maid" so we can play it with Brett, too. Sometimes Corinne loses interest by the end of "Memory" (who was the genius who thought a 3 year old would sit for 56 cards to be paired up, even if they are princesses?!). And, yes, some would say that Brett has lost some man points for allowing himself to be pictured holding--and playing with--princess cards. (To that I say, that's just the tip of the iceberg for this guy!! He loves his girls and would do anything for them.) But on a more serious note, I am looking forward to playing games more as a family. Corinne is at an age now where we can do things like this and I love it. It's such a powerful learning tool and it's also a terrific way to have fun together. I can't wait until Ellen and Sophie can join in. (Mark and Leah: you guys have done such a great job of this with your family...you inspire me!)

2 comments:

Aunt Lala said...

I love Memory & Go Fish, but have forgotten how to play Old Maid. Ironic ; ) Do we still have to call it "Old Maid"?

Aunt Marce said...

I love Old Maid! But like Aunt Laura, I can't remember how to play it ... I'll have to ask Corinne to refresh my memory. And agreed about the name -- ugh.

Game time sounds like a ton of fun, Bets! And yeah -- this is just the beginning for Brett. : ) Makes me think of the photo of 3 or 4-year-old Betsy putting a ribbon in Dad's hair.