Saturday, February 11, 2012

Aunt Laura's visit








Each February for the past four years Aunt Laura has come to town for a week and blessed the girls, Brett and I with a wonderful visit. She gives of herself to our kids every minute and takes nothing in return. She cooks for us, helps us with updating our home (hehe!), and is generally just a lot of fun to be with. This past week was no different. Actually, it was in some ways...Corinne took it to a new level with Aunt Laura by opting for Aunt Laura to drive her to school (without me), put her to bed, take her to the library, and enlisting Aunt Laura as her "backstage dancer" while Corinne got to be Madonna (thank you, Superbowl)! Did I mention she watched Sophie for an hour and a half in the doctor's office waiting room one day, too, while I was with Ellen who was beyond sick? Wow. I just love the way my sisters love our children. Our girls are so incredibly lucky. My day to day life couldn't be more different from that of my sisters, and yet I am always amazed at how easily they step into our world when they come to visit...and how generous they are with their time and energy when they come. I am thankful for them and we benefit so much.

5 comments:

Aunt Laura said...

Wow. Thank you for putting all of that into words. It is such a gift to step into your world for a week and spend time with you and connect with your daughters. They mean the world to me. I'd do anything for them and miss them terribly when I'm away. What a great compliment it was to be Corinne's preferred adult for a few days; and to have Ellen & Sophie bring me books & puzzles and climb into my lap. I am so grateful that you make Aunt Marcey & I known to them when we aren't present so that we aren't strangers when we arrive.

I had a wonderful time. xoxo

Aunt Marce said...

It's very easy to explain why we do all these things: There's just nothing better than being Aunt Marce (or Aunt Laura) to your three girls and being a meaningful part of their lives. (Well, that and being your sister...)

So thank you for letting us be doting aunts! It's a huge, huge blessing and it never gets old.

The McClains said...

So glad you have such great sisters who are a part of your life!

geri said...

So glad it was a great visit! Fun had by all - the best!

Mimi said...

Terrific pictures and it was a great visit with Aunt Laura.