Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Big Sis



 Corinne has such a sweet spirit. We are so amazed and blessed by her. She is certainly not perfect, but I must say she is truly a kind-hearted girl and not because our house is always rosy. That's definitely NOT the case. Corinne has weathered some challenging years with the arrival of Ellen and Sophie. And especially of late, some very trying times with her younger sisters who are entirely different creations (yet blessings to us as well). Corinne is smart, beautiful on the inside, thoughtful and empathetic, and I believe that even now she has a desire to know and follow God. She dances and sings every day and will be content to draw pictures for hours on end if we'd let her. She has a love of reading where, like her drawing, I sometimes wonder if it's too much! (can't believe I'm saying that as a former teacher...but really it's extreme!) I'm incredibly thankful for the example Corinne sets for her sisters, who love her and follow her lead sometimes, and have recently wanted Corinne to do things for them instead of me. I love hearing her questions ("Does Jesus die on the cross every Easter?" Don't worry, we straightened out her theology on that one! and "Does God have to go potty in heaven?" and "Do angels wear shoes in heaven?") And I love hearing her explain things to Ellen and Sophie. "Girls, you can grow up and be a mommy too someday!" and "Mom, God already knows what we're going to do tomorrow." How precious are our children. Which is why it's so important for me to recognize that I need God's help in raising them. Corinne shows me that in different ways than Ellen does and in different ways than Sophie does. But it's so true. They are too precious to be left only under our care. 

3 comments:

Mimi said...

Indeed Corinne is a wonderful big sister and a blessing to all who know her. It is pure joy to spend time with Corinne, Ellen and Sophie, each one precious and unique.

Mommy and Daddy are doing a fantastic job of training the girls in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.

Aunt Marce said...

Corinne is such a sweetheart and a great big sister. I love watching her grow and can't wait to see the young woman she is becoming.

(Love those questions coming from her curious, thoughtful mind!)

And ditto from me about Mommy and Daddy!

Aunt Laura said...

Yay Corinne! She is such a special girl. xo