Thursday, April 4, 2013

Those Two



Oh my! The storms have been turbulent in our house lately. And when I say storms, I mean in the form of our two almost-three-year-olds. We sure do love them. Good thing! Because they have been testing me, trying me and DRAINING me! Of energy, of will and yes--even of confidence at times. It's important to see the big picture at times like these. And to pray! For wisdom, for patience, for strength and for stamina to stay the course. Just as we are working overtime to require obedience of Ellen and Sophie, Brett and I have been re-visiting what it means to be obedient to God in training our children up in the Lord. Humbling. And yet wonderful to see the rewards when you do. (top picture: Ellen on left and Sophie on right; outside: Sophie is in pink, Ellen in blue)

2 comments:

Mimi said...

These two look so very innocent in the pictures, but then looks can be deceiving. You are so right, good thing they are so loveable!

Hang in there, Mommy and Daddy. This is not the finished product. The best is yet to come and the Lord will walk with you every step of the way.

Aunt Marce said...

Oh, those two sure are cute! And mischievous ... I guess they are learning about limits and teaching Mommy and Daddy a thing or two while they're at it. I agree with Mimi: hang in there! You are doing great and E & S are wonderful girls.