Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Artist's Reception

Corinne is doing great in kindergarten. We are so pleased with her school and her teacher has been awesome. It has been such a wonderful start to the year and to her idea of real-deal "school" and what it's all about in an elementary building. Sure, she's tired and starving when she arrives home (and not all that pleasant lots of days). We know there will be bumps along the way. But we couldn't have asked for a better situation. Just recently the art teacher at her school was asked to select a handful of art pieces from grades K-4 to be part of an art exhibit on display at the Board of Education Office. One of Corinne's pieces of artwork entitled "Traveling Lines" was chosen for this district honor. The school district held a special Artist's Reception for the artists and their families to come and view their pieces on display. It was fabulous! Corinne's artwork is the one just above her head in this photo. I'm not sure where she gets her artistic ability...I'm almost positive it is not from Brett or myself! However both of my sisters seem to be talented in this area. Thank goodness for them!

2 comments:

Aunt Marce said...

Congratulations, C! What a wonderful honor and recognition of her creativity and talents. I am a proud owner of some Little C originals -- some are even signed. I love them and my dumplin.

Mimi said...

We knew our girl was creative and now it has been confirmed by an "objective outsider"!