To celebrate my mom's big birthday (I won't say which one!) my sisters and I took her to the Grand Canyon just recently. This was one of the places (if not the one place) mom has always wanted to visit and until now she hasn't ever had the opportunity or company to do so. So, enter the three of us. And with a lot of careful planning from Laura we made it happen. Brett was awesome about letting me go and the girls (of course) did great while I was gone. They were busy with friends and family, doing all kinds of fun things here. I did make a simple calendar, of sorts, to help keep track of the time while I was gone. They had some cut-out shapes to put up on each day I was away and I filled in what I knew of the plans for each day as well.
Wednesday, July 2, 2014
My Trip Out West
To celebrate my mom's big birthday (I won't say which one!) my sisters and I took her to the Grand Canyon just recently. This was one of the places (if not the one place) mom has always wanted to visit and until now she hasn't ever had the opportunity or company to do so. So, enter the three of us. And with a lot of careful planning from Laura we made it happen. Brett was awesome about letting me go and the girls (of course) did great while I was gone. They were busy with friends and family, doing all kinds of fun things here. I did make a simple calendar, of sorts, to help keep track of the time while I was gone. They had some cut-out shapes to put up on each day I was away and I filled in what I knew of the plans for each day as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's a really cute calendar -- great idea! I'm sure the girls missed you, but it sounds like they had all kinds of fun activities to keep them busy.
What a smart mommy to make a calendar so the girls could track your time away!
Post a Comment