Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Advent

We are getting ready for Christmas around here! We have begun our Advent calendar and our Advent wreath to prepare for the true meaning of celebrating Christmas. Each Sunday of Advent we light our Advent candle(s) and every night at dinner we take turns picking out the scripture verses waiting in the Advent tree's pocket. The girls love picking an ornament that decorates each Christmas tree pocket when we have finished reading the verses. Look closely in the picture, the little Christmas Advent tree hanging up is the one my family used when I was growing up. I fondly remember doing the same routine around our dinner table at Christmas time. Many times I've looked for a new Christmas Tree with pockets and I have found many to choose from...but I guess there is something sentimental about the one I always come back to! So far I haven't been able to make a switch. The girls love it and so do I. I also love knowing that my mom actually made it! So here's to another year of a homeade Advent calendar, worn and tattered felt and all.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Have seen lots of Advent Trees with pockets that are really cute and have MUCH nicer ornaments to put on a much prettier tree. It is sweet that you like this homemade one.