Sunday, October 28, 2007

Baby Weight

Recently I had a pretty crazy dream about the baby (I've been told that will happen)...

I dreamt that I had given birth to the baby, apparently without being conscious (?), and when I woke up from labor Brett told me that she weighed 20 pounds!!! My response in the dream was, "Brett, are you sure you don't mean 20 inches?!!" And he replied that, no, she was indeed 20 pounds at birth. (Whew! Maybe I should call this a nightmare, instead!) I paniced about how we would definitely NOT be sending out birth announcements with a stat like that. But the worst part of the dream was that I looked down at my body and I had all this extra skin (my skin) hanging down to my knees! Gross. Then I woke up. Ugh. I wonder what it all means:)

Actually, on a serious note, we are a little worried about the baby's weight--but not for being too big. When I went to the doctor this past week, they scheduled me for an ultrasound on November 6th to check on the baby's growth. Although I've been measuring a week or two behind my due date all along, I am now measuring four weeks behind. So, please pray for our little girl to be healthy, strong, and to be growing as she should. We are trusting that the Lord is in control!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read your latest post, and thought -- It is so brave of you to share that worry here, out loud and in public. Then I realized that the leap of faith you made to have a baby, be pregnant and commit to a kid for a lifetime and all that goes with it (including worries like this) is what is really brave.

Anonymous said...

Betsy --

I'm so glad you shared this on the blog so that your friends and family can pray for you (even more than they already are) and help carry the heavy load of worry and concern. As long as you're concerned, I'm concerned. But I'll also help you look for signs of encouragement, which can sometimes be hard to see amidst all the worries.

For example, I was encouraged on Sunday when you showed up early for the shower and were so hungry that you had to eat something right away, instead of waiting to eat at the shower! . . . Every hunger pang is something to be thankful for because it means that our girl is growing bigger.

Whenever I think of my little niece (which is often!), I say a prayer for her and thank God for the gift she already is, and will be, to all of us.

Love, Marce
Jeremiah 29:11