
Well, here it is...my first profile shot of the pregnancy! I wasn't sure if I could bring myself to post it, but then I realized that the last time my sister, Laura, was here it was September! So for any of our readers who are out of town or far away, and especially for Laura, I decided to go for it. Five weeks (or 34 days) to go and this is how my body looks these days. Pretty crazy! We have much to get done in a short couple of weeks, including washing baby clothes, assembling the crib (finally), arranging the nursery furniture, packing our bags for the hospital, finishing up our Childbirth Classes, getting a carseat and, oh yes, Christmas is around the corner, too! Plus I have 21 fourth graders counting on me each day for about four more weeks. So, I'm beginning to feel a bit overwhelmed with all of these things...and this is only
before we become parents! There's a whole new life and routine awaiting us after this baby comes. Whew! It's enough to make me wonder if I'll be able to do it, and do it well! I'm incredibly thankful for Brett, who is so supportive, and for our families and friends who are around to pitch in also! I know that we'll welcome the help.
*Stay tuned for updated pictures of the nursery
4 comments:
Bets,
You WILL be an amazing mom - please don't think anything else. I can't wait to watch you in action in only a few short weeks.
You look incredible, too! Looking forward to all that's ahead.
Thanks for the picture. You look great! I can hardly tell you're pregnant when we talk on the telephone; so this really helps. (It looks like you're not going to play much pool over at Dad's given that basketball you're carrying around.)
And hey,don't worry about doing things perfectly and do ask for help. As the number one perfectionist, I've learned that being perfect isn't always a good thing.
What a great picture. You're such a pretty mom! Don't forget to ask for help... we all want to jump in. See you soon!
What a good picture!
I'm here to help, too. Just let us all know how we can pitch in. And I echo the other comments that you and Brett are going to be fantastic parents. It will be fun to watch you with your little girl.
When the babies were being dedicated at MCC on Sunday, I was thinking about how you and Brett will be standing up there in just a few months dedicating your baby. I can't wait to be there to see it -- and to hear everyone "ooh" and "aah" over how cute she is! I know that I will be so proud that she's my niece.
Last thing to note: You're a great teacher, Bets. Rely on your years of experience and your talent in that job to carry you through the final weeks of teaching. And remember that your 80% is most other people's 110%. So don't be too hard on yourself. : )
Post a Comment