Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Lilly's Favorite Room




Lately I have found Lilly asleep or playing in the nursery--all by herself. I think she has claimed a new favorite room in our house, except she has no clue that soon her favorite room will be filled up with furniture and a new baby! Right now there are fun toys and clothes to explore in peace and quiet. I wonder if it will still be her favorite room in a little less than 8 weeks...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lily must be excited about the new family member too! I think that is a good sign.

BTW I love those bears -- had totally forgotten about the set we had. Were they a gift when you were a baby?

Anonymous said...

Finally, I am able to get on my computer at home and leave a message. I have tried to respond to some of the other entries from my work computer and it would not allow me to do so!

Lilly looks cute in the baby's room. Am eagerly waiting to see the room all decked out with furniture and trim. Hope that rocker commes SOON!

Kay made a set of three bears for Betsy as I recall. Kay was not into the craft scene when Laura and Marcey were babies. I thought it was interesting that your cousins remembered the three bears from when they were young. Apparently Mary Pat still has the set of bears Kay made for her.

Can hardly believe that in less than 8 weeks our sweet little one will be here. My arma are ready and waiting. I have been practicing "A Your Adorable, B your so beautiful, etc" and other songs for when I get to babysit.

Lots of love, Granma

Anonymous said...

How cute! I love that Lilly picked a spot right in the center of the room. I predict that soon her favorite spot will be under the baby's crib.

Betsy, the baby's room is already so cute. (Thanks to a great paint job, a pretty rug, and all the baby gear.) I can only imagine how sweet it will look when it's filled with the furniture you picked out!

Laura -- to answer your question about the bears ... Kay gave Betsy a new set of bears at the shower a couple weeks ago. These aren't the original ones.

Anonymous said...

Okay, a couple comments on spelling. I just can't help myself any longer.... I thought Lily was Lily not Lilly. Is she named for the flower or the town in France? And where did that 'd' disappear to from the word Grandma? We're left with Granma??!?!

Anonymous said...

I am a unique cat and therefore my name has a unique spelling. It's just one of the many things that makes me special. : ) Maybe "Granma" has a different spelling for the same reason.

And Aunt Marcey is right, I can't wait to hide out under the crib. I hear it will have a pretty pink crib skirt. That will be even better than hiding behind the dining room curtains!