Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Running List

Lately I have been going to bed exhausted, only to wake up in the wee hours of the morning (usually around 3 or 4 am) with a running "to do" list in my head of what still needs to get done before this baby comes! But, I have good news to report: we have been busy checking some major items off our list recently. They include: getting the nursery furniture delivered and set up, washing the bedding (I haven't gotten to the clothes and blankets yet), and buying and installing the carseat in the car. Those are important things that make me feel a lot more prepared for this little girl, even though there is much to still do. We've also made some significant headway in Christmas shopping and are getting closer to choosing a good pediatrician (a few more parent info. sessions to attend). All in all, we have been very productive lately...I have a feeling this whole month will be a productive one! It's a good thing the doctor told me today that I have at least 2 more weeks before our baby makes her grand appearance! I need to finish out school and get things ready for my long term sub, not to mention pack for the hospital, re-read a few parenting books, and decorate/finish shopping for Christmas!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - two weeks to go!?!! All of a sudden that makes it sound like nine months was a just a blink. Does it feel like that to you?

Sounds like you & Brett are so together, prepared and taking things in stride. I'm so impressed. I've no doubt that the combination of you two in another being will add up to a really fantastic person.

Looking forward to being Aunt Laura. xoxo

Anonymous said...

I think waking up in the middle of the night to make a running list, or review the list & add to it is pretty common. Doesn't make for a good night's sleep but is probably one sign of being a good mom or good at your job or whoever you are.

L.

Anonymous said...

You and Brett have certainly accomplished a lot in a short period of time! You are quite a team. Special kudos to Brett for putting the crib together lickety-split. I'm sure it felt good to have the furniture delivered and set up.

Two weeks til the baby comes? I can't wait!

Betsy said...

Just to clarify, the doctor did NOT say that this baby is coming two weeks from now! She was merely estimating that at this point, the earliest she might make her grand appearance would be two weeks from now. I am hoping for more like 3 or 3 1/2 weeks from now, more like December 29th when she is due! Keep your fingers crossed for us:)