Wednesday, January 23, 2008

4 Weeks Old Today

Today Corinne is 4 weeks old! On one hand, it's hard to believe she has already been with us that long--but on another hand it has been a long 4 weeks with ups and downs and little sleep! Yet one thing is for sure, we love Corinne very much and are so thankful she is in our lives. Here is a recent picture of her after we returned from a few errands--just she and I.

Other updates: today we had a new furnace put in since we were told our old furnace was going to go soon. Rather than take a chance with no heat and a precious little baby at home, we opted to be proactive...which meant Corinne's first trip to Grammy's house. We had a nice day and returned to a cozy warm house with a MUCH more efficient furnace. But, I didn't realize how much stuff Corinne needs for a day away from home!!

Things we've learned over the last 4 weeks:
-it is good to have lots of diapers at the ready...Corinne goes through them like it's her job (oh wait, it is one of her jobs!)
-the baby bjorn can be a life saver when one is home with Corinne and there are a million things to get done around the house, not to mention eating lunch
-the pacifier is our friend
-take help from family members when you can get it!
-it is very important to get a good burp
-reading all the right books about babies will not necessarily tell you all you need to know
-sleep is overrated...well, not really, but it's what we tell ourselves when we don't get much!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Corinne! I mean, Betsy & Brett.

Wow. I'm so impressed the two of you went out to run errands. One of the first things I will do tomorrow is call Grammy to hear about your visit to her place. I know she has been working hard to get it ready for you. She told me all about the toys & books she has, and blankets that she made too. It is always a comfy place to go and let your hair down. And you will find that to be true for your whole life. You can be yourself there, take a nap, help yourself to whatever is in the kitchen; and she will always be happy to see you and tell you she loves you.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a busy day! No wonder Corinne needs yet ANOTHER nap.

Happy 4-week birthday, Corinne! You're a lucky girl -- your parents got you a new furnace for her present. I love you and I love being your aunt.

Anonymous said...

Yes, we had a very fun time at Grammy's house, at least Grammy had a good time. Grammy and Corinne played and cuddled while Mommy took a nap, then Corinne took a nap too. I hope they come back soon so I can introduce Corinne to more of my neighbors.

love, Grammy