Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Doting Aunts


This past weekend my sisters, Laura and Marcey, were in town for a long weekend and Corinne basked in their attention and love the whole time. It was the first time Corinne met Aunt Laura and it was obvious that Corinne enjoyed it thoroughly! I am so glad that Corinne has such amazing aunts to look up to and I cannot wait for their relationships to grow and develop. During the weekend we started discussions about the next Sisters Trip and Corinne is, of course, going to get to be a part of our next excursion--an exception made for no one but her. (We just need her to sleep through the night first:)

Corinne's highlights of the weekend included (but were not limited to):
*shopping with Aunt Marcey and I at Kenwood Town Center
*sleeping in the Baby Bjorn while Aunt Marcey and I played Yahtzee
*dinner at Grandma Grigsby's house
*dinner at LaRosa's (a Grigsby tradition at each visit)
*spending time with Grandma Schatz while the Grigsby Girls went out to lunch downtown
*sleeping through church (again!)
* hanging out at home with Aunt Laura and watching the Superbowl

Corinne had a great weekend, and so did I! I love my sisters, and Corinne loves her doting aunts! We miss them already. When can we see you again?!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great weekend! Corinne is growing so fast...I know how quickly it happens but it's truly amazing to watch. What a cutie!

Anonymous said...

I love being Corinne's Aunt Laura. She is the sweetest loveliest baby I know. Holding that sleeping little bundle or talking to the wide eyed cooing little baby or pacing 'round the kitchen helping her (& her mom) relax (read: stop crying) were equally wonderful.

Watching Betsy and her daughter was impressive. Betsy has a wonderful ongoing conversation going with her daughter that is loving and light hearted and so effortless. The only thing that Betsy has to watch out for is that there is a new 'cutest' member of our family and this little one's pictures will start outnumbering her mom's photos in all of our houses.

My promise to Corinne and her parents is that I will always and only be a phone call, an email, a plane ride away (its only a 5 hour trip). I can show up, write letters, send pictures, welcome them to California from time to time for vacations and sleepovers, tell stories, play games, give advice, encourage and empathize with what is going on in their lives. I'm interested in knowing the big stuff and small stuff. I can make guacamole, lentil soup, help with the laundry or the grocery shopping and read stories.

Anonymous said...

It was a truly wonderful weekend and Corinne gets cuter by the day! She is very bright and alert, no doubt a very smart little girl, alot like her mommy and daddy.

love, Grammy

Anonymous said...

I had a wonderful weekend, filled with lots of family fun!

I especially loved spending time with my sweet niece, Corinne, who gets more beautiful by the day and is thriving, thanks to her amazing parents. I was excited to see her smiling and cooing, and to see how much she had grown in just a few short weeks.

I especially liked reading her "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" to her, which she found engrossing, and felt very proud when people at the mall made a fuss over her.

I look forward to my next visit and seeing all the ways in which she'll have changed yet again. And when I think about Corinne growing up, I think of the fun things we'll do together, including: coloring with a Crayola 64-pack and a stack of blank paper, browsing at the bookstore and having our own story times, going for ice cream, having a special lunch and shopping for her birthday, chatting on the phone, telling her stories about me, Laura, and Betsy when we were kids ... to name just a few! I love you, Corinne, and am lucky to be your aunt!