
I know, I know, what an innocent face! However, this little one has recently been on a bit of a morning nap strike. I don't understand it, and I must confess it's driving me a little nutty. Corinne has been taking extremely short morning naps all of a sudden. Since her morning nap used to be a marathon nap this is quite new to us. I'm not sure what's going on--it very well may be some quirky phase. Or the culprit could be any number of normal developmental stages such as: teeth, growth spurt, etc. But to Corinne's credit, she does not mind being in her crib awake! She will talk and play happily by herself for long periods -- even as long as a half hour or 40 minutes! It is super cute to listen to, and does afford me some extra time if I'm in the middle of cleaning or laundry when her too-short-nap ends. And I figure it still counts as "rest" even if she's not actually sleeping. Afterwards, we usually take advantage of the extra time by running errands or going on long walks. For me this has been a lesson in being flexible and taking it all in stride. I am learning more and more that kids are unpredictable (yet so resilient). I also know that I have nothing to complain about because Corinne is the happiest baby ever, according to Grandma Schatz! Not to mention she sleeps from 7:30 pm until 7am each and every night. That in and of itself more than makes up for any unexplainable occurences such as nap strikes!
On a sidenote, Brett thinks I should send this picture of Corinne into a baby photo contest. Do you think it would win?
4 comments:
Grandma Schatz is correct - Corinne is a very contented, happy baby! And Mommy is correct also, being flexible is a most important lesson to be learned about parenting. As far as winning a "beautiful, adorable baby" contest, Daddy is absolutely correct - Corinne would win hands down!
love, Grammy
What a cute kid -- cute in the picture(s) and as I imagine her hanging out in her crib happily jabbering away. Laying in bed letting your mind wander is a really good thing to do from time to time.
I love it when you guys call me during your walks. Sorry I missed you on Friday. It was hectic and I just wanted to lay low this weekend. Should have called. Hi to all of you.
Love,
Aunt Laura
xoxo
yes, the photo would win!
Yes
Aunt Pat
Post a Comment