
Corinne is 15 months old and more fun than ever! Overall, our observation is that Corinne's personality is definitely introverted when in unfamiliar places or with unfamiliar people. She does this shy/coy head tilt and a very tentative wave to new people. She is also a keen observer of everyone and everything! She is a happy girl and has this amazing smile that melts the heart of both strangers and friends. It is so very obvious that her spirit is extremely sweet and gentle. She loves to wave, dance, clap, shake, bounce, and do the twist! Though Lilly (our cat) is still not into Corinne, Little C remains quite enamored with her --especially touching her paws (as of late). A new favorite game of Corinne's is identifying her (and anyone else's) nose, eyes, ears, mouth, teeth, hair, belly button, toes, and knees. Her favorite foods change from time to time, but generally include: kiwi, raspberries, strawberries, banana, avocado, yogurt, chicken and ice cream (my fault on that last one, I'm afraid). She has many words, including: baby, up, down, hi, bye, dad, peek, eyes, cup, duck, more, baaa (as in, what a lamb says), that, tree, and oh-oh. Then there are her words that are "almost there"--meaning, we know what she is saying because they closely resemble the real words: teddy, cracker, juice, bird, tweet, dog, woof, cat, tap, clap, twist, book, ball and car. Not bad, eh? Her pediatrician told us today that just 3 words is acceptable at this age! She is also able to do so much independently these days, like eating with a fork, putting her dirty clothes down the laundry chute, putting toys away and following detailed directions. Amazing! However, one thing she has been SLOW to grow in is her weight...she only eeked out one more pound or so since her last appointment, which puts her at a whopping 19.3lbs. Yes, folks, you read that right--we have not been able to turn her carseat around because she isn't even up to 20 lbs yet. Yikes! But she is maintaining her 5th percentile standing in that category:)So, on the days where I get anxious about this (which are becoming less and less, thankfully) I just tell myself that she eats well, drinks well, sleeps well, and is hitting all her developmental milestones with no problems. Sigh. Has anyone else out there been in our position? Just curious if our readers have any seasoned perspective to add. Thank goodness she is in the 75th percentile for height!! She grew 2 inches and now stands 31" tall. Perhaps she gets her tall lean body from Brett?
Anyway, we are loving life with Little C and can't wait for summertime (or even spring)! We love being outside and we are even more excited to take Corinne to the beach this summer.
4 comments:
Wow -- what a great update! I agree that Corinne has a sweet and fun little personality. (Of course, I'm always happy to have another introvert in the family. : ) I especially love that she dances and even does the twist! That would be really fun to watch. I'm just waiting for her to discover that the landing on your stairs would make a great stage for dance performances.
I'm certainly not an expert on kids, but I think you've got the right perspective on her weight. She's obviously doing great and that's what matters. Perhaps she'll just be a petite (but tall??) little girl.
That's a lot! I want to hear her words. We'll have to start practicing with the telephone.
Corinne is a wonderful combination of so many things, and her personality, smarts, tricks, sense of humor, etc will continue to change and grow. I'm still changing & growing, and I'm 38! Enjoy all of them and don't worry for a minute about what she is or isn't. Little C is Little C. And don't put her in a box. I hate that. A girl can be many complicated, wonderful and opposing things all at the same time.
Hey to ease your worries Marilee was as the 5% too well into high school and look at her now....
What a great post! You do such a wonderful job with your blog - I should learn from you!!
size... You were little so you probably don't remember but Ang was teeny tiny forever! When she started kingergarten she looked like she was ready for the 3 year old pre-school room - short, little, no hair... They all do their own thing in their own time and whatever that is, it is perfect!
Post a Comment