Monday, March 2, 2009

Lately

Having just surpassed the 14 month mark, I thought I would give an update as to what Corinne is doing, saying, and generally "into".

Corinne's vocabulary is expanding and now includes: up, hi, bye-bye, uh-oh, baby, down, dad, mom, and her own slightly off version of book, bunny, and bath, which all generally sound the same and basically consist of "buh". She also talks to Lilly, our cat. It goes something like, "Hi, ye-ye!" And, when we were waiting for my dad to join us for lunch the other day I mentioned to her that Grandpa was coming and she uttered what very much sounded like "pa pa"--though I won't claim that as a vocabulary word yet!

Corinne is into trying to climb up or into everything! Into the bath, stroller, refrigerator and up the door and wall. We recently got out one of her Christmas gifts from Brett's mom, a box that includes a baby doll stroller, baby doll pac and play, baby doll bouncy seat, baby doll play gym, and a diaper bag. She LOVES the stroller, though she does not like to put her baby doll into it. Only random objects such as her cup of milk, a small green clip on bunny, and tupperware lids have gotten to enjoy the ride so far. Go figure!

Corinne is NOT into the nursery at church. But that is really nothing new. Her personality is very sweet, sensitive, and even shy, at times. She is most comfortable observing others and her surroundings when she is in new places--and then maybe she will join in. However, she is enjoying her music class on Wednesdays and has warmed up to the other kids and the teacher. I'm looking forward to seeing how she grows and changes through the next 12 weeks or so of her music class. It has been such a great experience already!

Corinne is happiest with those who know and love her. And no wonder--there are so many amazing people in her life that love to be with her! We are very thankful for all of you!

Here's to the next adventure, Little C!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray, Corinne! That's so much stuff for a little girl like yourself to be doing. Boy, do I wish I lived closer; so I could visit more often.

Great job, Betsy! Your blog entries are so wonderfully written, very descriptive and include such cute pictures. I'm so impressed -- and just to be clear I'm impressed with the blog & with what a great mom you are. Little C & Brett are lucky to have you.

xoxo

p.s. Can you practice saying Aunt Laura? (LaLa will work.) Do you need a picture of me to practice with?

geri said...

Awesome! You are so good at sharing all that is going on. I love signing on to your blog to see what is happening and to check out all the new pictures.

LOL- just read Laura's comment and I guess we think alike :)

Love you lots! ...geri

Anonymous said...

Corinne, you are too cute!

What a sweet picture of our girl, and another great update on Corinne's latest exploits. I loved reading it, as I do all of the posts. I echo Laura's compliments to Betsy wholeheartedly.

It's so fun to see and hear about all the new things Corinne is doing. And clearly, she is thriving thanks to all her parents' hard work and the positive attention she gets from Mommy, Daddy and the rest of the (many) people who just love spending time with her.