1. Corinne's standard answer when we ask her something is "uh-huh".
2. When we are in the car and we pass a park, Corinne yells "Yay, slide" and claps her hands
3. When I put Corinne to bed at night I pray with her over my shoulder (after books) and then I end by telling her, "Mommy loves you, Daddy loves you and Jesus loves you." So I regularly ask her during the day, "Who loves you, Corinne?" She always answers with "Mi-Mi". I ask who else and she says, "Pop-Pop". When I ask her who else she starts all over with "Mi-Mi". Hmm. I guess she's not catching on to my night time whispers of mommy, daddy and Jesus.
4. If I tell Corinne that we're going to the zoo she'll respond with "peacock, baaaa, moo, and choo-choo".
5. Corinne counts "one, two, two, two"
6. At dinnertime when we're sitting down at the table, Corinne immediately folds her hands to pray and says, "pray".
7. If Corinne is hungry she'll ever so sweetly whisper "coo-koo" (cookie) and/or "crack-crack" (cracker), while pointing toward the kitchen with a sheepish look.
8. Little C wants SO badly to be able to truly hop. She does her best version of it all the time while saying "hop".
9. When Corinne knows she's supposed to be following a direction (but isn't quite ready to) and I'm looking at her waiting for her obedience, she'll shout out, "Hi!" in the cutest little voice. As if that will distract me:)
5 comments:
Betsy - I LOVE your recent post. But what were you doing awake at 3:30 am last night??? Corinne is such a cutie. Thanks for sharing all of her cute Corinne-isms!
That's our sweet little girl! Great list of Corinne-isms. Looking forward to spending tme with Corinne and Mommy on Thursday!
Love, Mimi/aka Grammy
What a beautiful girl! And I love the Corinne-isms, Bets. Hilarious! I especially like Corinne's response to "Who loves Corinne?" I'm not surprised the grandparents get a shout out since they dote on her.
Also, the one about how she says "Hi" when she's supposed to be doing something is pretty darn funny!
Can't wait to hear about vacation and ... potty training! Should be an exciting 20th month.
Lots of Love,
Aunt Marcey
It doesn't take much to make Mimi or Pop Pop's day, but I bet that is the best yet.
Superlative list! It truly is the little things in life that make each person unique, that bring a smile to someone's face and become the memories we cherish.
Love,
Aunt Laura xo
With all the wedding festivities it has been ages since I have read any of your blog posts. But I am enjoying a few quiet minutes in front of the fan and caught up. Awesome as always. Love ya, ...geri
Post a Comment