Monday, February 15, 2010

Independent Reading

Corinne continues to be an avid reader. She makes this teacher proud! Especially when she sits and reads independently!! Some of my fourth graders couldn't even sit still long enough to do that:) Little C also sat and read to Coralee and one of her teddy bears, too. It was very sweet to hear and watch her reading the story and explaining to them the pictures. Lately one of her favorite books has been Fancy Nancy. You can guess what the main character is like from the title, and that is why I think it fitting that she is wearing her Cinderella dress-up shoes while she reads. (Then again, they are on her feet most of the time, anyway)

5 comments:

Aunt Marce said...

I love to see Corinne reading to herself and Coralee! But I am not surprised a bit since Mommy and Daddy have been reading to her since she was a baby. And I foresee Corinne spending lots of time reading to her two little sisters! They are lucky to have big sis Corinne, just like I was lucky to have a big sister who read to me when I was little.

Aunt Marce said...

PS -- So pleased to see "Fancy Nancy" (from moi) on the regular reading list. : ) It's a cute book and I LOVE Corinne's dress-up shoes.

Mimi/aka Grammy said...

These are all great posts of our precious girl! You do a wonderful job of letting us peek into "life with Corinne", Bets. From reading, taking care of Coralee, riding the bike, using the Ipod to art and playing doll house, Corinne is adorable, bright, imaginative and a blessing beyond words. It is delightful to observe her growing and applying all that she has learned from you and Brett. You guys are outstanding parents with an outstanding little girl!

Anonymous said...

I don't comment often but enjoy keeping up on what Corinne is up to. She will be a great big sis and a big help to you as well.

aunt laura said...

What a combo: books, dolly & fancy high heel shoes. I'm happy to see Little C enjoy reading for so many reasons. It is such a valuable way to learn at any age. A good book will keep you company anywhere anytime.