Ellen and Sophie turned 13 weeks/3 months last week. A couple of noteworthy milestones: they sleep apart now for both naps and bedtimes--a smooth transition, thankfully! Also, they are going to bed earlier and earlier all the time. Currently they are in bed for the night by 8:30pm and sleep all night. Woohoo! And taking a bottle is getting lots quicker, thank goodness! But perhaps my favorite thing of late is that they are noticing each other and breaking into smiles and coos when they do! Love that. It's darling to watch them try to engage each other. Ellen seems to be the one to talk and smile first--we joke that she is already an extravert because it only takes someone (or something) making eye contact with her and she's on a roll, talking away. Sophie seems to take a little longer to come around, but when she does her smiles are as big as Ellen's. They seem to be happy babies and I am thankful for that. I feel like they spend their days mostly sleeping, eating and sitting in the bouncy seats or on the boppy pillows as life swirls on around them. Sunday, August 8, 2010
Lately with Ellen & Sophie
Sophers with a big smile : )
And Ellen smiling, too!
Ellen trying to get Soph's attention by smiling at her
Bug-eyed, chubby-cheeked Soph!
Ellen and Sophie turned 13 weeks/3 months last week. A couple of noteworthy milestones: they sleep apart now for both naps and bedtimes--a smooth transition, thankfully! Also, they are going to bed earlier and earlier all the time. Currently they are in bed for the night by 8:30pm and sleep all night. Woohoo! And taking a bottle is getting lots quicker, thank goodness! But perhaps my favorite thing of late is that they are noticing each other and breaking into smiles and coos when they do! Love that. It's darling to watch them try to engage each other. Ellen seems to be the one to talk and smile first--we joke that she is already an extravert because it only takes someone (or something) making eye contact with her and she's on a roll, talking away. Sophie seems to take a little longer to come around, but when she does her smiles are as big as Ellen's. They seem to be happy babies and I am thankful for that. I feel like they spend their days mostly sleeping, eating and sitting in the bouncy seats or on the boppy pillows as life swirls on around them.
Ellen and Sophie turned 13 weeks/3 months last week. A couple of noteworthy milestones: they sleep apart now for both naps and bedtimes--a smooth transition, thankfully! Also, they are going to bed earlier and earlier all the time. Currently they are in bed for the night by 8:30pm and sleep all night. Woohoo! And taking a bottle is getting lots quicker, thank goodness! But perhaps my favorite thing of late is that they are noticing each other and breaking into smiles and coos when they do! Love that. It's darling to watch them try to engage each other. Ellen seems to be the one to talk and smile first--we joke that she is already an extravert because it only takes someone (or something) making eye contact with her and she's on a roll, talking away. Sophie seems to take a little longer to come around, but when she does her smiles are as big as Ellen's. They seem to be happy babies and I am thankful for that. I feel like they spend their days mostly sleeping, eating and sitting in the bouncy seats or on the boppy pillows as life swirls on around them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
What adorable pictures of the girls! Indeed they are sweet, happy, contented babies...great job Mom and Dad!
I love seeing their smiles! And it was so much fun watching the girls watch each other. Sometimes they were looking so intently at each other that I think they were communicating, even without making a sounds. Too cute! They are such happy babies.
Beautiful smiles. I feel like they are starting to look more alike as they grow bigger!
I love seeing the pictures of the girls. I check your blog at leat twice a week. Thanks for keeping us up on your family.
So gald that things are going so well for you. I think of you often and LOVE all the updates. ...geri
Post a Comment