I have no pictures to show for this post. It's been a week. One of those you're glad to get to the end of, and thankfully we are there. It began with a Similac recall...Sam's Club called to tell us that our formula--which we buy in bulk for the twins--was involved in the recall. Bummer! That's one time when buying in bulk becomes a major problem. Brett hauled it all back, all 15 or so tubs of it, only to find out there was nothing to replace it with. Go figure. Then Corinne got her flu mist vaccine, which was made to sound like a walk in the park compared to the flu shot. When, in fact, I think it turned out to be worse than just getting the darn shot. At least it was quick. Except, no one told us that a cold (runny nose, cough) is one ramification. I found that out by talking to another mom today, whose father in law is a pediatrician. Ah, yes. That explains the runny nose Little C developed a few days ago. Lovely! Not only did Corinne get a cold from it, but she passed it on to Brett, Ellen & Sophie again! I thought we just got over a cold a few weeks ago. Brett was out of town Monday and Tuesday, so I called in the Grandmas to help with the witching hour, Schatz Edition (That would be two babies at once), plus bedtime. One of those nights (I can't remember which one) was crazy insane. Dinner was lame, but it was the only thing I could manage while I held Ellen: scrambled eggs and yogurt topped with granola and fruit. I scrambled the eggs with Ellen over my shoulder and then my mom and I switched and she did the same with Sophie. Meanwhile, our dinner conversation was almost non-existant as we ate and held the girls. At some point Corinne asked to sit on my lap, as well, so she got one of my knees, or half of my lap. And like every mom out there, I fall into bed at night so excited to be there. Our bed has become my favorite place the last few months. I think about going there all day long! But Ellen has been doing this quirky thing lately where she talks, babbles, squeals and squeaks for up to an hour at a time between 4 and 5 am. Then she falls back asleep for a little while before round 2 around 6:15. I remember Corinne doing a similar thing around this age, but that was far easier to laugh at and fall asleep to. Now we have another baby in the same room, plus another daughter in the next one. Argh. So complicated! The next morning was equally trying...Sophie and Ellen pulled an extra short nap and were up all morning while Corinne and I tried to play together. The other wrinkle was that Sophie was not happy most of that time, and so I had to calm her down by walking around the house and holding her. Corinne then decided that she wanted me to hold her, too. And Ellen was just lying there playing on the floor...until she noticed that she wasn't being held! But we made it to the 11am feeding somehow and then Universal Nap Time was at least in sight, the time of day when all 3 girls overlap in their naps. That's when I discovered that we didn't have enough formula to make two more bottles for the 3pm feeding (it all goes back to the recall--we didn't buy in bulk this time b/c we had to buy some random brand to replace the Similac). So I went to Sam's Club when Brett's mom arrived @ 2:30...part of my precious down time out the window to buy more formula. I was walking into Sam's thinking about what a long week it had already been, how hard things are, blah, blah, blah. When God put everything in perspective for me, in the form of... TRIPLET BOYS! They were fighting and fussing in the cart while their mom was standing in the checkout line. Oh my! And I quickly realized that it could be SO much harder.
And last night Brett returned, the twins didn't make a peep all night last night, and Ellen and Sophie took two awesome naps today--2.5 and 3 hours each. So just like that I'm feeling good again. What a difference a day makes!
Thursday, September 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yikes. I'm exhausted just reading that. I don't know how you do it. I'm glad you recognized the sign the universe sent to remind you things could be worse. Mostly I wish I lived closer so I could come over & help.
So funny. It is amazing what a difference a day makes. :) I can completely relate to the feeling of loving my bed ... and I only have one child! Hope this weekend is restful.
Wow, Bets! I thought I had a crazy week until I read about yours. You are superwoman. I am glad that God sends you reminders that things could be worse but that, better yet, he gives you reprieves from time to time -- like days when Brett returns, the girls take great naps, and everything seems better.
Post a Comment