Saturday, September 25, 2010

Moms

my mom with Sophie: L Ellen: R

Thank goodness for moms! Brett's mom, Sharon, and my mom have helped me get through the last 4 months and without them I'm still not sure what I would do! They are around way less than in the early days, but both still come over at least once per week for a morning or an afternoon so I can go to the grocery store, take Corinne to music class, meet friends for a playdate, or just grab a nap. (Okay, naps are extremely rare...but it's a nice thing to strive for!) My days are like rollercoaster rides, think break-neck speed, and then others are fairly doable. But it's been such a blessing for me to count on our moms for some relief just to help break up the week. I'm finding that cabin fever is a very real issue for me...but the alternative of packing up the 3 girls is just not realistic right now. I can barely carry Ellen and Sophie in their carriers--I'm not sure how I would also add Little C to the mix. But I keep reminding myself that this is just the season we're in. So for now I am incredibly grateful for the help while we're in the thick of this tough daily grind.

3 comments:

aunt laura said...

Super cute pictures! I'm glad the grandmas are there to help.

The McClains said...

Moms are AMAZING! I don't know what I would do without my mom, either. You are so lucky that both of your moms live so close. :)

aunt marce said...

You're absolutely right, Bets! Thank God for grandmas. And Corinne, Ellen and Sophies are lucky to have such selfless, all around wonderful grandmas. I have loved seeing Corinne develop such special relationships with Mimi and Memaw and can't wait to see Elle and Soph do the same.