Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Demolition Week

Goodbye ugly, dark, terracotta kitchen floor. I will be so glad when you are all gone!! You never look clean no matter how much I scrub you. You are an ugly orange color and I have never been fond of you...ever. Because you are so difficult to tear up (by hand, with a sledge hammer, no kidding!) I have to pack up 3 small children every morning (who sometimes don't take naps so well in new places--ugh!) and then I come home to a dusty, dirty house. BUT, I think it will be worth it in the end. So long.

6 comments:

The McClains said...

He, he, he ... You crack me up! So long and good riddance, terra cotta!

Aunt Marce said...

Ha ha! Too funny. Hang in there ... I'm sure it will be worth it.

Do you have any memory of our Powell Dr. kitchen being renovated? The contents of our cabinets were in the dining room for weeks and we ate at the coffee table for what seemed like forever.

Aunt Lala said...

I lived in a house with no kitchen for 9 months. Can't believe that wasn't a red flag!?!

Hope the new floor turns out great. Can we talk countertops & paint color in February?

Aunt Lala said...

P.S. Those were quarry tiles not sure they're as nice as terra cotta. They can often be seen at McDonald's.

Aunt Marce said...

LOL. McDonalds!

Golf Girl said...

Nice. Andy and I just installed new floor at my house. We took up old ugly tile and linoleum. I am so happy with my new wood floor.

What is your new floor going to be?

Anna