Conversation #1:
Corinne: (after having used the potty successfully) "No, Daddy, you're supposed to wipe me from front to back!"
Proof that she does listen to what I teach her!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conversation #2:
Betsy: "Corinne, you need to try your best to "hold it"sometimes so you don't have an accident. Like when you wake up from your nap and you have to go potty but I haven't come in to get you yet. Or when we're riding in the car. "
Corinne: "But I don't want to do that, mommy. Then my hand will be all wet!"
Betsy: "Oh, Corinne, let me explain what I meant by hold it. That just means you have to keep your body from letting yourself go potty if you're not sitting on the potty. I don't mean for you to use your hand!"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All in all, Corinne has done pretty well with the potty training. She doesn't fight it as much anymore and if she has to go then she goes with no problem. We've had some accidents along the way, but not at times that I would expect. For instance, she's never had an accident while we've been in the car--even on long rides (like when we were part of/stopped at/an accident scene in the snowy weather on Friday and had to wait for the fire and police, plus drive the rest of the way to my mom's...) or when we're out running errands. Nope, not even then! And actually, Corinne has used the potty at both Joseph Beth Booksellers and Target, no problem (except the yucky public restrooms). So Corinne is potty trained for the daytime, but I haven't forced night time yet. And the best thing is, she washes her hands by herself these days after using the bathroom. Which has carried over into more independence on other fronts, too. Hooray! Thanks to everyone who wrote to send along encouragement during this process. It was so helpful in my frustrating moments!
5 comments:
Corinne looks so big there! Jeans, ponytail & painted toenails. I can't wait to see her... Sounds like the PT is going well. Congratulations to both of you. xo
Great job, everyone! I can't get over how grown-up Little C looks in that picture -- and sounds from those conversations. Even more grown-up than when I saw her at Christmas.
So funny! I love the story about her being confused by the concept of "holding it". She looks so grown up in that picture ... I think it's the big long ponytail! :)
You need to send comment two to readers digest if it stii exists. :)
Leah
I am catching up on your blog - as always a bit behind... Love all the posts and the story of Corinne not wanting to hold her potty is priceless. Joe and I are cracking up!! Love ya all!! ...geri
Post a Comment