Wednesday, January 5, 2011
Not One, But Two
Sophie
Ellen
I cannot help but reflect on one year ago today. Our morning began very early as we woke up to snow and ice that covered Cincinnati in the early morning hours, just as predicted. The day began even earlier for my mom, who was scheduled to come over and stay with Corinne so Brett and I could go to our first ultrasound to find out the sex of our baby...at 22 weeks. Except that we found out much more than what we had ever dreamed, expected or planned for. We found out there were two babies, not one. Every detail of that day will be forever ingrained in my memory. The story of that day is one we have told many many times, and one that I'm sure we will enjoy telling Ellen and Sophie someday. We have been so richly blessed by having two babies. Though it has definitely been hard these first eight months; it has tested our family for sure. But as I recently told a friend who is having twins--it means a few months of hard followed by a lifetime of double the blessings. It is crazy that we have only even known about the twins for one year, exactly--and yet they turn eight months old on Thursday. I marvel at God's plan...not always an easy one, but so much better than my own. I am incredibly thankful for Ellen and Sophie and all this experience has taught me. It's quite a story. And I see more examples every day of how the Lord's hand has been over us throughout the entire journey--even yesterday and today as I sat at the doctor's office with Ellen who is fighting an infection that is sapping her strength. I am reminded that "Every good and perfect gift comes from above..." Certainly Ellen and Sophie have been two of our good and perfect gifts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Ellen and Sophie are two of the best gifts ever.
That was Aunt Marce.
My blessings have more than doubled with these two sweet little girls!
Praying for all of you and that Ellen gets better soon
Anna
Post a Comment