Thursday, April 14, 2011

Hanging Out

Truth be told, Marcey and I did not have any time to just "hang out" over the last week or so. Marcey spent all day, every day, at the hospital with mom and I went back and forth each day during the kids' naps and each evening. But on Tuesday, Marcey's last evening here, we got to see Pop Pop for dinner. Here are Ellen (l) and Sophie (r) with Aunt Marce and Pop Pop...finally just hanging out.

2 comments:

Aunt Laura said...

Very cute picture. I haven't sat still since I arrived. Hope I get to hang out with you guys.

Aunt Marce said...

That time with you and the girls was a bright spot in a stressful week (though I wouldn't call it 'hanging out' exactly -- they keep you on your toes!).

In fact, after this picture was taken, it was bedtime and as soon as Betsy took the last kid up to bed, Dad and I both laid right down on the floor and, out of sheer exhaustion, fell asleep. And that's how Brett discovered us when he walked in a few minutes later! A quiet house ... and Dad and I, asleep on the floor. We had a pretty good laugh about that.

Anyway, those kids are just too cute!