Sunday, March 25, 2012

Another Linus?


Sophie has loved and protected her beloved purple blanket for months now. She literally doesn't like to go anywhere without it and won't let Corinne or Ellen near it. But lately Ellen has taken a similar interest in her pink blanket. And she has been SO tired lately. I'm convinced that Ellen never gets the sleep she would like because Sophie wakes up first all the time, and consequently wakes Ellen up. But just lately I've caught Ellen laying with her blanket as if to beg for extra sleep, though I can't figure out why she's so tired all of a sudden. Perhaps it's because she's growing? Tired from playing outside so much? She is also getting more teeth and took a good wipe out last week at the park. Or maybe (I secretly hope) she is so tired because her brain is working overtime getting ready for a speech explosion!! That would be AWESOME. Ellen says fewer words than Soph, which isn't many. And it's driving all of us to more than a little frustration at times.

3 comments:

Aunt Marce said...

I am smiling and laughing out loud. Speech explosion! Love it.

I'm sure Ellen's brain is always workin' overtime because she is smart like her sisters. With regard to talking, she is just doing her own thing as per usual.

Love that girl.

Mimi said...

Looks like Ellen has been paying attention to Sophie and the comfort of a soft blanket.

She sure is cute and we love her just like she is - with or without a speech explosion.

Aunt Laura said...

Ellen's smile, blue eyes & curls are adorable. Sometimes a girl just gets worn out I guess -- I know I do.