Thursday, March 22, 2012




We came in after playing outside today and I told the girls to take of their shoes (as we always do when we come home). The girls don't have a problem doing this when they're riding in the car--in fact they've been known to take of their shoes and socks on car rides. But they always seem to conveniently forget how to do this by themselves once we get home. So you can imagine my surprise (thankfulness!) when we came inside and Ellen not only took off her shoes when I asked, but she then proceeded to neatly put them on our shoe tray in the sunroom. Woohoo! Sophie got one shoe off by herself (as you can see she's still working on the second one). But I realized later that I think this is noteworthy. Perhaps a minor milestone. Cause for celebration, actually!

5 comments:

Aunt Marcey said...

Way to go, Ellen and Sophie!

They look so grown-up -- almost 2 years old, after all. And I see they're sitting on the step just like Corinne used to do.

geri said...

Woo Hoo! Yes, celebrate the small successes in life. Way to go girls! And Sophie sure looks like you in those pictures Betsy!

...geri

Aunt Laura said...

Those pictures are so cute! Funny I thought they took their shoes (& socks off all the time). Kids!

Mimi said...

What a good girl our little Ellen is putting her shoes in the appropriate place! Am sure Sophie will follow suit as soon as she gets that second shoe off!

No doubt Ellen and Sophie are following big sister Corinne in being a "neatnik" - sometimes.

Aunt Marce said...

Sophie also looks like Aunt Laura's little girl photos!