Wednesday, June 27, 2012

On the Farm








We had a fun time at Parky's the other day. It was perfect weather and we spent just the right amount of time there...enough to see and do a lot but not overdo it. I love when that happens! The girls were visited by some chickens--a little unsettling if that's never happened to you before. We saw some farm animals and then went out to the vegetable gardens where C tasted some sweet peas fresh from the vegetable beds. The girls helped to water the broccoli and onions and then we moved on to the bee hives before visiting the ducks at the pond. Lastly, C had spotted these little chickens when we arrived but she patiently waited to sit on one until just before we left. E and S talked to and "fed" their chickens (some mulch), too. I can't remember the last time we visited Parky's Farm--I think when the twins were babies. It was great to go back and be able to experience it all together this time.

2 comments:

Aunt Marce said...

What a fun outing! Did Sophie use her new word "bumblebee" when you went to the bee hive?

I had fun going to Parky's Farm with all of you almost two years ago. I'm sure it's even more fun now that all three girls can explore.

Mimi said...

This is a great, Bets! The girls were so cute telling me about the trip and seeing the pictures brings back their excitement the other day.