Wednesday, September 12, 2012
Tottie
E & S have had a spike in their vocabulary the last two months. But a more interesting development is that the girls have come up with a name for each other that they now use all the time. It began when a few weeks ago I kept hearing Sophie say, "Tottie" at different times throughout the day. Finally I figured out that Ellen is Tottie! And now Ellen calls Sophie Tottie, too. So it's their new name for each other. I'm not sure if this is what people mean when they talk about twin language, but it sure is fascinating! They have other phrases that I hear repeatedly too, and while I have no idea what they are saying they do seem to respond to one another and understand it. Good thing, because I definitely can't translate for them! Sometimes we joke that we feel like outsiders when E & S are talking. They also like to make funny faces all the time now, too (thanks to Corinne teaching them this new skill). They sure are sweet. And funny.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is adorable! I have heard Sophie use the word Tottie and once you explained, it made perfect sense for the context in which she was using it, like calling Corinne Coco.
It is fascinating to watch the girls in action together.
Wow - that's fascinating. Tottie! It is so much fun to watch all three girls growing up. Thank you so much for the blog which allows me to follow along. I think Coco is a terrific nickname for Corinne too.
Any Aunt Lala's yet?? xo
Those two are quite a pair! I like that they have a nickname for each other. (I am also a big fan of Coco; I will take credit for helping Sophie with that one : )
The funny faces is darn cute. Nice job, Big Sis.
Post a Comment