Saturday, January 19, 2013
The Cemetary
We live right across from a cemetary--a little weird to me at first. But we decided to take a look for the first time recently and let the girls ride their bikes there. It turned out to be such a neat place! There is one big loop of pavement that encloses the gravestones and it was perfect to ride bikes and do running races...respectfully :) We didn't see anyone there that morning (except some of our neighbors, who were doing the same thing we were) and it was actually a very beautiful, peaceful place. Brett had to gently/tactfully explain to C at one point why she couldn't run through the grass. And ever since our morning in the cemetary her little brain has been working overtime processing this new experience and the information she learned while riding her scooter and NOT running through the grass. I know this because this was the conversation I witnessed just two days later while the girls were playing in the basement:
C: Ellen, are you dying?
E: No (with a puzzled expression)
C: Ellen, you're buried under a rock and now you're in heaven with Jesus
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Love the bottom photo of Corinne with hands on her hips, just like Daddy!
Sounds as if Daddy did a great job of explaining things to Corinne and she is doing a great job of processing the new info. Way to go, Daddy and Corinne.
I love that you played "respectfully" in the cemetary. That is awesome! ...geri
That's a pretty cool place to have close by -- can't wait for spring. And I'd like to think that the cemetery likes to have visits from three little girls ... biking, running, and laughing.
Just wait until they are about 15. Then it will be boys, beer & smoking in the cemetary ; )
I'm a big fan of hands on hips too.
Post a Comment