Monday, August 26, 2013

Chalk Drawing

If you know Corinne then you know she loves to draw pictures -- very detailed ones-- of people all the time. Truly, she will sit and draw picture after picture some days. She adds eye lashes, jewelry, hair barrettes, and high heeled shoes. Tutus, too. Lots of times she draws someone sitting at a desk or walking up stairs or doing ballet or running. The other morning the girls and I traced each other on the driveway and then Corinne decided to add dresses and shoes and bracelets for Ellen and Sophie's outlines (foreground). By the time she got to her own outline she was low on chalk and just settled for doing ballet shoes. But she did add stairs and a door and a few other miscellaneous details. I find it all so interesting to watch her in action. Thanks to C's interest in drawing, E and S have taken such a keen interest in coloring and all three can be quite content keeping busy this way for a long period of time.

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Corinne's pictures are truly amazing!

Recently when I was there Ellen handed me one of her pictures, complete with eyes and a smile.

Aunt Marce said...

I love this!