Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Off to Kindergarten




Wow. She did great! Corinne was excited this morning. I wasn't sure how the bus part would go... that was the thing Corinne was both nervous about and fascinated by. In talking through it the last few days she told me she was nervous about where to sit. We talked about it, made a plan, and she was ready for the bus to come get her and ready to sit with a friendly face. Surprise! When it came today she was the first one on the bus and chose to sit right behind the smiling lady bus driver. Hopefully some friendly faces joined her en route to school. I am so proud of Corinne. It was certainly a little emotional watching the bus drive away with my sweet girl, but I am so excited for her and looking forward to a fantastic year of kindergarten. What a big girl!

4 comments:

Mimi said...

Wow! Got to love the picture of Corinne standing on the bus! Would love to see her face when she gets off with all the other kids.

She really is growing up!

Aunt Marce said...

I am so impressed! I expect it'll be another exciting year for Corinne. Cna't wait to hear about everything she soaks up!

Aunt Marce said...

P.S. - What is up with S & E having band-aids in exactly the same spot (front of right shin)?? I'm sure there is a reason that makes sense to a 3-year-old. : )

geri said...

WOW - I am a little behind :( It has been almost a month - is school still going good. Is she loving it. I am sure her teacher is loving her!!! ...geri