Monday, March 31, 2008

Back To School



Today I took Corinne to Maddux so my class could meet her! They had lots of questions about her sleeping and eating habits, and were very amused by the bubbles she was blowing and the resulting drool on her chin. Corinne and I sat and answered their questions as best we could and I got to hear a little bit about what the class is up to, too. We were also interviewed by some of the boys in my class for the newspaper they are working on. Corinne didn't quite know what to make of all the faces huddled around her, but she was great the entire time.

My friend, mentor, and long-term sub, Jan, is pictured holding Corinne in some of the above pictures. Jan is an amazing teacher and I'm SO thankful that she is the one taking over for me while I'm gone. She and my partner, Cara, make a great team!! It's nice to know the class is in great hands.

It was a little strange to drive into the Maddux parking lot, and to walk in through the front doors. In some ways it feels like a lifetime ago that I was there. But in other ways it was as if I never left. This would have been my first day back, had I not taken the rest of the year off. And I have to say, I cannot imagine leaving Corinne. I'm incredibly thankful to be able to be at home with her so that I can watch her grow!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun! I didn't know that you had Scooter Winstel in your class...he might not go by Scooter at school but that's how I know him. Was he a good student?

I can't believe how big Corinne is getting - it really happens too fast!

Anonymous said...

Daddy is sooooo thankful that mommy loves being at home with Corrine, even though it is a lot of work. It is so obvious in Corinne's demeanor that she is happy with mommy being home. Corinne also told me directly that she loves having mommy at home.

Anonymous said...

Corinne, I was wondering what outfit you would wear to school. You and your mom look so great. I love that outfit, and meant to tell you that after I saw the pictures from the party at Grandma's a couple weeks ago.

BTW - what is with all those Red's t-shirts? Was it opening day?

xo.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Can imagine that the children and Jan were excited to see you, Bets, and meet Corinne. Am certain that by the time you left school, absolutely everyone was in love with adorable Corinne.

Lots of love, Grammy

Anonymous said...

Corinne is in fourth grade already?! I knew the kid was smart!

It looks like everyone had a lot of fun during Corinne's visit to school. I'm sure that the students were so excited to see Betsy again and to meet Corinne.

Betsy, I knew that you and Brett would make the right decision about whether to finish out the school year or not, and I'm glad that you feel you made the right call. Corinne is obviously thriving with mommy at home. She is a lucky girl.

Anonymous said...

Why are you not back at Maddux this year? Everyone is wondering where you went.

Anonymous said...

Your students miss you!