Saturday, October 30, 2010

The Girls


Ellen and Soph will be 6 months old this week...where has the time gone?! Ellen rolls over constantly in both directions and much prefers to play on her tummy. But Soph loves to watch the world go by just lying on her back with her toes up in the air or in her mouth (though she has rolled over on occasion). And sitting up without our support is upon us, though not without its wobbliness. Using a cup with handles. Eating baby food. We're finding that these two have their own preferences for almost everything--from eating to sleeping and everything in between. It's been quite a busy month, full of blessings as well as stresses, more busyness than usual, and the normal ups and downs/highs and lows of life. Despite the exhaustion this parenting gig of 3 kids under 3 brings, we are learning and growing, leaning on each other, and enjoying each new stage together as a family. Some days I feel like we're just making it. Other days I want to hang onto forever. I guess I'm old enough to know that's how life goes.

2 comments:

Aunt Marce said...

I love those huge smiles and three beautiful faces! Hard to believe Ellers and Sophers are six months old already ... I'm glad you and Brett are such a good team, Bets -- helps on the tough days and makes the good days all the more enjoyable.

I love you and think of you every day.
Marce

Mimi said...

The girls get better, cuter and more adorable every time I see them! They both laugh out loud, and so making the girls laugh has become my goal each time I am with them. Their laugher is so pure and sweet.