Monday, November 29, 2010

Dedicated



We had a wonderful Thanksgiving, celebrating with family and counting our many blessings. It was a great few days from start to finish! We ate more than we needed to, played games, and just enjoyed a more relaxed pace of life. With Brett being home from work half the week, plus the weekend, it felt like a vacation in some ways. Plus as an added bonus we had Aunt Marcey staying with us...always a treat for all of us. But the highlight of the holiday week/weekend was the blessing of dedicating Ellen & Sophie to the Lord at church on Sunday. Our kids are too precious not to commit their lives to someone greater, more loving, gracious and merciful than Brett and I. We were honored to have our church family surround Ellen and Sophie, as well as Brett and I, in prayer as we publicly dedicated them to the Lord. And I hope you get a kick out Corinne's facial expressions in one of the pictures. She was pretty well behaved on stage, though she and her buddy Adam played a little game of copy cat while their siblings were dedicated. Adam and Corinne share the same birthday, too, so perhaps they have a special connection that way!

4 comments:

The McClains said...

Congrats on the dedication of the twins! I'm sorry we were out of town and missed it!! What a beautiful family. :)

Mary said...

Congratulations to you all!

Aunt Marce said...

It was a great weekend from beginning to end (from my perspective!). The kids are so adorable and Corinne is a riot -- smart, funny, full of imagination and endless energy.

Ellen's and Sophie's dedication at church went off without a hitch and Corinne was just so cute to watch up on stage (and well behaved in Big Church!). She was thoroughly enjoying herself. I didn't even realize that I caught her making a funny face when I took that photo! Hilarious!

I also enjoyed my time with you and Brett. : )

Aunt Laura said...

Great pictures. I love watching Little C.