
This was the story last week: naps were out the window. That's Ellen and she began standing up in her crib for her afternoon nap. She performed for Sophie, who enjoyed the show so much that she didn't take a nap either. Ellen got stuck standing up and then began the crying. Then it was Choice Time: get them both up out of bed in hopes of saving Corinne's nap...or let the show go on and figure that Corinne would hear the racket and wake up, too! The only thing I can say is, at least they continued to sleep all night and take good morning naps. And in another month or so Sophie will be doing the same thing-- as I've figured out that she hits each milestone about that long after Ellen. But this week has been a ton better! I guess because Ellen has figured out how to get back down, plus it's not such a novelty anymore to be standing up. Both are used to it by now and settle in for their naps. Ellen stands up for a bit, checks to be sure Sophie is watching and then they both fall asleep. I wonder what next week will bring?
4 comments:
Ellen looks so happy & proud of herself in that picture. I'm glad she's figured it out and can sit down & take an afternoon nap -- for everyone's benefit.
Oh the joys of sharing a room! The Brooks crew has gone through it too! Hang in there! Miss you and Love you!
Too funny! And I can't blame Sophie ... I'd happily watch the Ellen Show, too!
My girls are doing the exact same thing!!! Morning naps are still good, but afternoons - they are standing up and the nap is just over!
Too funny!!
Post a Comment