Monday, May 6, 2013

Dance Recital









I've been way behind on my posts! This last week has been a super busy one--Aunt Marcey has been in town and we've also had a lot of firsts. First dance recital, first trip to the dentist for E & S, first kindergarten orientation (including first school bus ride!) for C, and first Flying Pig 10k for me. All capped off by Ellen and Sophie turning 3...today! Whew. It has been super fun! So here are some pictures of Corinne before, during and after her dance recital. She LOVED taking dance from her Aunt Sarah this year and it has been such a great thing for her. Sarah put on a phenomenal recital all centered around worshiping Jesus through the gift of dance. Amazing show! I'll post a short video if I can. The songs C's class danced to were: The Fruit of the Spirit and Awesome God. Brett and I were very proud of Corinne--no stage fright, no hesitation. Just doing what she loves up on stage. She was terrific! And of course we celebrated with some ice cream at our new favorite neighborhood spot afterward.

4 comments:

Mimi said...

Corinne was superb! She knew all the steps, all the words to the songs and executed the steps in perfect time to the music. Well done!

But then, we have come to expect such outstanding performance from our outstanding angel. We love you, Corinne!

Aunt Marce said...

I could never count all the many things I love about C ... but probably at the top of the list is her JOY, which she exudes in the activities she loves and especially in dance. It's a pure, innocent, unafraid, generous, and contagious joy. It was on full display during her dance recital.

But I would also note that this same joy is just as present in the "small," everyday occasions as it is in the big occasions like a dance recital.

I love her, I love her joy, and I love that she is already using it to worship the Lord.

P.S.: And Mimi is right about her fabulous performance! She showed not only joy, but tons of skill! Talented, that girl.

geri said...

Way to go C! And then topping it all off with icecream. That seemed to be a big hit for everyone :) ...geri

Aunt Laura said...

What a week! It sounds like a lot of fun. xo