Thursday, December 26, 2013

Six!!


It was a really special day today celebrating Corinne's 6th birthday. She is so dear to us and to E and S. We all desperately needed a day of down-time, time at home together and time to just "be". It was perfect for our little introverted home-body Corinne on her birthday. She had her first "friend" birthday party last weekend at a local spot (the party was free! long story...) and so today was very low key, just the way C prefers. I recounted the story of Corinne...how she entered our lives, from finding out we were going to have a baby to who came to hold her in the hospital after she was born. She loves that story and so do I. We got out pictures of baby showers and baby pictures and just remembered and celebrated all that makes Corinne so special. How can she be six? I love the person God has made her to be and the way she is growing into her own unique person.

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Can our girl really be SIX already?!?

She is even more precious today than when she first arrived! Not only precious, but sweet, kind and thoughtful from the top of her head to the tip of her toes and on the inside as well.

Aunt Marce said...

A wonderful day for a wonderful girl. I vividly remember the day she was born and her first full day home from the hospital -- that was very special for me because I got to help out.

And now I love watching her grow as a smart, kind girl.